Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chronic Pain



I've shown pictures of my morning dose of 5 different medicines that I have to take to get my day started. Three of them are pain medicines, one is for making sure that I can keep the pain meds down, and the last one is an anti-anxiety drug. That is what I must do EVERY SINGLE DAY, just to be have some semblance of a life, just to be able to eat and move and shower and go shopping. This is what it means to have chronic pain. It's not just achy joints or morning stiffness or sore elbows or whatever folks think we mean when we tell you about it. Pills for breakfast is what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Rootietoot said...

I know the feeling about pills for the rest of your life. It is what it is. I don't have the degree of chronic physical pain you do, though. I wish I could carry it for a while, and give you a break from it.