Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Price of Pet Companionship

Researchers warn against allowing pets to give you kisses and sleep in your bed.

Well, I have systemic lupus and cancer. Both of these severely weaken one's immune system. I also have two cats who sleep in our beds and I have NEVER caught anything from them. I'm glad that they are in my life, because having pets will ensure that you don't spend the entire day in bed. Even when I was in acute pain from my chest surgeries and the last thing I wanted to do was move any part of my body, I still got up and made sure the cats got fed and the litter box was cleaned. When I was almost completely bed-bound, they would jump up on the bed and just hang out with me for the majority of the day. I can't even explain how much their companionship helped me, once my partner had to go back to work and my daughter was at school.

Even if I did catch something from them, I'd consider it a small price to pay for all that they have added to my life.

1 comment:

Kold_Kadavr_flatliner said...

Hey, you, GorgeousGirl... lemme nekk with you in Heaven. I'm a fab-you-lous kisser. HintHint TeeHee God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL