Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WorldNetDaily Gets Down to Serious Business

The German thinks I have a twisted sense of humor, because when I'm having a bad day I like to cheer myself up by spending hours and hours looking at websites from what he and I refer to as the "other internetz", "Internet /b/", or the "dark side". If I had to analyze it, I guess teabagger conspiracies about Obama's supposed plan to enslave whites or evangelical preachers trying to convince us that Obama is the Anti-Christ are so absurd that it's virtually impossible for me not to laugh, even on days where it's hard for me to get my mind off of my back pain or my stomach problems.

One of my favorite sources of lulz is the right-wing website WorldNutDaily WorldNetDaily. Yesterday, they posted an article about how their CEO has disinvited Ann Coulter from speaking at his "Taking America Back" national conference. He says it was a gut-wrenching decision, but one that he was forced to make after Coulter decided to speak in front of a group of gay Republicans at an event called "HomoCon". Coulter explained that she was simply doing it for the money, but (surprisingly) even that wasn't a good enough excuse for Farah who has decided to allow Coulter to remain a regular columnist on his site, nevertheless. The article features a quote where he explains his decision:
"There's a different standard for columnists and speakers at our conference," Farah explained. "We boast the broadest ideological forum of commentators in any news or opinion publication or website anywhere on the planet – and we will continue to do that. We think people should hear all points of view discussed openly and honestly. However, this conference is a serious event designed to provide some real leadership for those who are serious about changing the direction of this country. There is simply no room there for compromisers or for people who accept money from those determined to destroy the moral fabric required for self-governance and liberty."
What makes this whole story outrageously funny is the lines that directly followed this quote.
The conference will feature Rep. Michele Bachmann, Ambassador Alan Keyes, Colorado gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo, former Sen. and retired Admiral Jeremiah Denton, WND's Jerome Corsi, Aaron Klein, David Kupelian, comedienne Victoria Jackson, talk-show host Rusty Humphries, homeschool champion Michael Farris and many others in a lively, interactive forum that will include debates on some of the hottest issues of the day.
Oh yeah, any event featuring Bachmann, Keyes and comedienne Victoria Jackson is definitely srz bznz! God bless the series of tubes. Without them, I might not ever find out just how stupid these folks really are.

No comments: