Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Is Sexism and Agism Allstate Insurance's Best Strategy for Winning Customers?

Am I the only one who really, really hates these Allstate insurance commercials where there's some douche bag dressed up in all pink and doing all sorts of property damage and then saying "I'm a teenage girl and if you (bought insurance from the other company then basically, you'd be screwed right now)"? I mean, what makes a teenage girl more likely to be irresponsible than a teenage boy or an adult male. And wearing all pink and driving a pink car--lord knows girls love love love the color pink, amirite?--while doing it has got to be the icing on the cake.

Here are a few different versions of the commercial.



4 comments:

Aaminah said...

thank you thank you thank you. that commercial has been pissing me off! even my mom thought they were in poor taste.

Julia said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for putting this out there. I'm glad that someone is taking a stand and putting a new light to this advertising deal.

incog said...

HaHa I love that commercial!

Anonymous said...


Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!