Monday, December 28, 2009

VanGoghGirl Gets New Art Tools

We just bought VanGoghGirl a Wacom Intuos 3 graphics tablet for Christmas. For years, she's been saying that she'd like to be an animator or a marine biologist when she grows up. Since she's in high school now, we figured she was old enough to start getting used to using professional digital tools. She has done about as much as one can using a mouse and basic programs like Microsoft Paint.

Of course, she was surprised and eager to experiment with it as soon as we gave it to her. She hooked it up to my computer and installed the necessary programs. Using Corel Painter Essentials (a program that came bundled with the Wacom), she created her first sketch. Here it is. I'm no artist, but I think this is pretty dern good for her first time using a graphics pen.

2 comments:

Rootietoot said...

My oldest swears by his Tablet. Kudos to you for nurturing her very obvious talent!

Paul Maurice Martin said...

Cool - I think she captured my eye. I've got to cut down on caffeine and remember to pick up some eye drops...