Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life in Four Bottles

Photo Description:There are three bottles on top of cloth-covered table. From left to right, the first one is a baby's bottle. The second one is an old-fashioned Coca-Cola bottle. The last one is a beer bottle. Directly to the right of the three bottles, there is an IV-stand with a bag of fluid hanging from it.


Someone sent this picture to me today, via e-mail. It was titled, "Life in Four Bottles". Underneath the picture, they typed "Damn! I'm already on the third one!" It made me giggle a little bit as I thought about how I've "cheated death". Well, no one really cheats death, because it always comes along eventually. Still, I do know that I've lived a lot longer than many people thought I would or could. Hell, even I didn't know I'd still be here enjoying my life in 2009.

That picture made me feel triumphant. I've been through all of the life stages that those bottles are supposed to represent. I've experienced all of it and I'm still around. I'm past those four bottles. I've faced most of the challenges that are associated with each of these phases and they don't scare me like they once did. I'm at the point where I'm eager to see what lies ahead.

Today I feel like the future is wide open. I float freely between all of these phases almost simultaneously. No bottle can contain my spirit. I am free to enjoy them all without worrying what comes next.

1 comment:

BLESSD1 said...

Bravo, chica....encore!