Sunday, June 07, 2009

Today is National Cancer Survivor's Day!!

I plan to write more about my feelings on today, but that's going to have to wait until later, because I am busy celebrating right now. It was a little over seven years ago that a doctor first spotted the tumor in my chest. Back then, I was really worried about who would step in and help The German after I was gone. Now, I'm looking forward to the future and I truly believe that I'm going to see my daughter grow up and have her own kids one day.

I'm just so excited today! This is better than a birthday! Well, I'm off to celebrate now. I'll catch up on here later!

"A lost battle is a battle one thinks one has lost."
-Jean-Paul Sartre


"...become so absolutely free that
your very existence is an act of rebellion."
Albert Camus

3 comments:

Malucho said...

Congratulations from another survivor. Your story has been an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing it on this blog. Much love, *L (aka "Malucho")

Salspua said...

Happy better-than-birthday!!

Wonderful news!!!

<3,
sal

I love your quote from Albert Camus!

Bq said...

happy belated birthday!