Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Toilet Paper Adventures

About two weekends ago, The German, VanGoghGirl, and I were hanging out at the apartment together. I had to use the bathroom and, when I went in, I almost forgot to check and make sure there was toilet paper on the roll. That has become a problem here. I'm the only one who seems to care about putting a new roll of tissue on the bar when it needs to be replaced. More than once, I've used the toilet only to find there's no toilet paper within reach. I wind up having to yell to one of them to bring me some tissue. It's not a good position to be in, because sooner or later it's going to happen on a day when I'm the only one at home.

I've been fussing about this, but no one seems to pay any attention around here. Well, I decided that it was about time I let them see what it's like to be in my shoes. After all, they've just been taking it for granted, because they know that I'll replace the toilet tissue when they leave it empty. They even laughed and told me it's my fault because I should just check to make there there's tissue before I sat down. That's true. However, that doesn't mean it's okay for them to leave it empty and I just know they don't always check for tissue before they use the bathroom. Sometimes you're in a rush and you don't remember. You just take it for granted that people will show a little courtesy in the bathroom. At least, I think you should be able to take that for granted, but that doesn't seem possible around here. Okay, well two can play that game!

This time, when I went to the bathroom, I used the last of the tissue. Instead of putting a new roll in place, I went and found a sharpie marker and wrote a little message for the next person who'd use the toilet without checking for tissue first. About a half hour later, I hear my daughter in the bathroom saying, "Oh no-oo-oo! Come on! This isn't funny!"

I beg to differ.

7 comments:

GallingGalla said...

ROFLCOPTERS!!!!

omg, that was a great idea, bint! now let's just hope The German and Van Gogh Girl learn the lesson...

Maegan la Mala said...

ja ja ja. Mujer can I borrow this technique from you. La Mapu does the same thing all the damn time and it drives me up a wall!!!

Kevin Andre Elliott said...

Bwahahahaha! Brilliant!

bint alshamsa said...

Maegan la Mala,

Feel free! I hope it works as well as it did for me. There are no more empty toilet paper rolls over here!

alexandralynch said...

Rolling with laughter, here.

I just want to know why the TP runs out nine times out of ten when my husband is, um, doing show prep for right-wing pundits, and only very rarely when I am working on similar issues?

The World May Never Know.

seitzk said...

LOVE IT!!

Beauty Jackson said...

CLASSIC!