Monday, December 22, 2008

Our Christmas Tree 2008


This year the tree we bought is a lot skinnier than the ones we had during the previous couple of years. Most of our gift exchanging takes place at my mother-in-law's house on Christmas Eve but we still save some presents to share with each other on Christmas day.

We bought over a dozen new ornaments for the tree. We are Disney World fanatics, so several of them came from there. We also bought an old-fashioned Advent calendar from the German store in the Epcott park this past summer. It's the first year we've had one since The German insisted on making sure we had a "proper" German one if we were to have one at all.

If you happen to read this blog from time to time, I'd love to see pictures of your holiday decorations. Does anyone have photos posted of their's? Send me links, people!!


Photo Description: The pewter angel ornament that I selected stands with both wings spread. She wears a floor-length gown covered in flowers.


Photo Description: Inside of the glass ornament, that The German picked out, Mickey and Minnie Mouse are making a snow man that is decorated with a top hat and scarf.


Photo Description: The German picked this wooden snowman ornament that is covered with doves and stars and has the words "Peace on Earth" wrapping around it.


Photo Description: This transparent glass ornament that I chose is a replica of Cinderella's glass slipper and has a heart on the top of the toe of the shoe.


Photo Description: Jack Skellington (from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" Disney movie) stands in front of a Christmas tree. He is wearing a Santa Claus costume and holds a gift-wrapped present in his hands. A small child wearing his pajamas looks up at Jack thoughtfully.


Photo Description: Last year, my mother-in-law gave me this dragonfly ornament made of beads and fabric on a wire frame. I didn't know that she even realized how much I love dragonflies!


Photo Description: VanGoghGirl's favorite ornament from last year is a pewter cross with Gothic scroll work and a small faceted glass bead in the middle of it. Also, a silver reindeer ornament my mother-in-law gave us can be seen behind the cross ornament.

2 comments:

deviousdiva said...

Mine's up at http://deviousdiva.com/2008/12/22/happy-holidays-2/

Happy holidays, sweetie. Wishing you and your family much love, happiness and peace.

Kisses
DD

Daisy said...

Love the pewter cross ornament!

I got a "Festival of Trees" up at my blog, since I stopped doing one of my own.