Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Daughter's Christmas Present to Me

My kids made ceramic bowls for me and The German in their art class. This is the bowl that I received from VanGoghGirl for Christmas. As soon as I find my camera, I'm going to post pictures of the one we got from my darling son.

Photo Description: The outside of the round bowl is maroon with a mottled effect that exposes the white ceramic underneath it. Two blue and white ceramic seashells are affixed to the front of the bowl. The rim of the bowl is colored green and is inscribed with a quote from a popular children's tongue-twister. "She sells seashells by the sea shore" is carved into the rim.


Photo Description: The bowl has a lid that sits on top of it. The lid is colored blue with a mottled effect meant to evoke the sunlight reflecting off of sea water. It contains brown sandy flecks of color, as well. On the lid, a girl's face and neck were sculpted, creating a slightly raised surface. Her chin-length brown hair is loose on her head and is slightly wind-blown. Her lips are very full and blushing with the same maroon color as the sides of the bowl. Her skin is a very yellowish-brown and reminds me of my daughter. Her eyes are the same color blue as the background of the lid. She has light-brown freckles sprinkled across her nose and cheeks. The picture below this one shows the top from a different angle.


2 comments:

cripchick said...

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!
wowwowowowowwow

i am in constant adoration of your kids, bint. geez.

Tera said...

*Wow!* I LOVE it!

The girl makes me think of the sun, too, shining in the blue sky.