Friday, November 21, 2008

Just Can't Sleep

I've been up ever since yesterday at 9 a.m. and I'm still not sleepy. *sigh* You'd think that with all of the narcotics that I have to take in a day, it should never be a problem for me to get to sleep at night. Nope. Instead, I only feel drowsy throughout the day when I might actually be able to interact with the world and get more things accomplished. The internetz are so boring tonight. I don't want to start any games because that would only wake me up even more. Maybe I'll crack open a book.

3 comments:

Wendy S. Harpham, MD said...

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about your sleep difficulties. But I'm glad you recognize it as a problem, because now you can try to get some relief. Sleep is vital to a healthy body and mind and spirit. All other things being equal, inadequate or poor quality sleep can make you feel awful in every way. You can't think, feel or act like your usual creative, joy-seeking and rational self.

I encourage you to seek out any of the wonderful resources on sleep health (such as a book, NO MORE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS) and, if your problem persists, to discuss it with your physicians.

With hope,
Wendy
www.wendyharpham.com

William said...

Must be in the air (or time change) Bint. I've slept about seven hours since Monday. Try to get some rest m'dear.

Best regards,
Will

Mór Rígan said...

Hi Bint, I know how that is. Hope you get some sleep soon.

Take care