Saturday, October 04, 2008

Taking a Personal Mental Health Day

Today is not going very well at all. A few days ago, my mother's house was broken into. She lives out in Texas now so my brothers and I have to deal with this. That means I will be the one who gets stuck bearing the brunt of things. That's nothing compared to the rest of the drama in my life.

One of my cousins has just been charged with armed robbery. Yeah, that's right. This suburban-raised, product of a stay-at-home mom and a business-owner father with two cars, two dogs, and a cat has managed to get his picture in the newspaper along with a description of what he's wanted for. I had hoped this would avoid being in the paper because by the time he was in custody nothing had been printed but, no, there it was.

This is really overwhelming. I'm taking the weekend off. The world can wait. I'm going to crawl into my bed and I'm not getting out again unless it's to go to the bathroom. See ya' on Monday, folks.

7 comments:

Another Conflict Theorist said...

Peace Sis,

I'm sorry to read about it. For the life of me, I'll never EVER understand how silver spooners can't manage to avoid the Thug Life. My little one, the four-and-a-half year old, will find me on his trail with an axe if he screws up the opportunities that my wife and I have provided.

Good choice, btw, the get some rest when faced with this.

Lisa Harney said...

Hugs, Tulip.

Maegan la Mala said...

Ay I'm sorry mujer. Sending you and the familia peace y amor.

Ronni Gordon said...

Hi
Sorry you had a bad day.
I wandered over here from Carl's blog and started reading from the beginning. What an incredible blog. I'm going to put you on my "blog list' and check in from time to time. Come "visit" me if you'd like.

Lisa Harney said...

I hope you're feeling better!

Hugs applied as needed.

B said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm also hoping that this is not who I think it is. I'll be praying that you get through this.

belledame222 said...

(((Tulip)))