Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Continued Adventures of my Finger and the Staph Infection

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday and it looks like my finger is no longer infected. However, it's still not healing well. The doctor said the tip of it looked like what they see when a part of the finger has been severed and re-attached; it's not getting good blood flow through it. When she took the bandage off, a whole lot of my skin went with it. I don't think I can even begin explain how much that hurt!

She put this sort of mesh around it like they use on burns and then wrapped the whole thing up in a thick layer of gauze. She said that I shouldn't do ANYTHING with my finger, not even type. That means blogging is going to be pretty tough because any letters on the left side of my keyboard are going to have to be tapped out one at a time because the bandage is too big for me to work around with my hands in the proper typing position.

Anyway, she said that this is probably going to take weeks, if not months, to heal. She said a bit more but I think I've reached my typing quota for this sitting. I'll write more soon.

5 comments:

Lisa Harney said...

Many hugs and yays for the infection resolving.

Healing time, though...ouch. :(

Trinity said...

I hope you get better soon :(

lauredhel said...

That sounds like a right pain. I don't suppose you have access to dictation software?

Healing vibes to you.

belledame222 said...

ow ow ow. glad it's not as bad as it seemed at one point at least. also sending healing vibes.

B.Wash said...

I enjoy your postings a lot Your Blog is a Beautiful peice of artwork and I am truely honor'd that you stumbled upon mine please don't let that be the last time you do so.

Peace and Blessings