Friday, August 29, 2008

Hurrivcane Gustav & Katrina Memories

If you are a praying person, I'd surely appreciate it if you thought of us down here in the Gulf region. I'm nervous as all get out about what direction this storm will take. It being the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina just makes it worse. I don't think the city would hold up as well as it did three years ago because Katrina and Rita weakened or washed away so many of our barriers that still haven't even been repaired to pre-storm levels. We don't need to get hit directly in order for Gustav to rip New Orleans to shreds. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita weren't direct hits either but they did a vast amount of damage.

My family members are all deciding where everyone will go if this hurricane does come to town.

10 comments:

deviousdiva said...

Not a praying person but thinking of you all and hoping you will be safe.

Take care ! You are held in my thoughts in this horrible time.

Kisses

DD

GallingGalla said...

My hope are with you, your family, and the people of New Orleans and other coastal cities, that Gustave does not reach land.

Kristin said...

Praying for the first time in a very long while. May you and your family and your city be safe.

Lisa Harney said...

Tulip, You and your family were the first people I thought of.

Stay safe! I'll keep you in my thoughts.

belledame222 said...

my prayers with you and your family, Tulip. please be safe.

elle said...

be safe, Bint. praying for the people of our state.

Vanessa said...

Jeebus. Stay safe! Let us know how you are!

Donna said...

I am praying for you and everyone who may be in the path of the hurricane. I pray that Gustav winds down by the time it makes landfall so that it's just a tropical depression. If it is still a strong hurricane, I pray that any damage is very minor and in nearly unpopulated areas. I pray that everyone can return to their homes within days. And I especially pray that there is no loss of life.

annaham said...

My thoughts are with you and your family.

whatsername said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours Bint.