Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gustav Complicates Katrina Claims


It's hard to believe we might be facing another Katrina-like hurricane so soon after the last one. We still haven't recovered from it all. My mom and dad are still fighting with the insurance company that has refused to pay out for the damage from Katrina. I could easily name over a dozen other folks in the same situation. If another hurricane hits, this will complicate things because a lot of homeowner claims are still winding through the courts as people seek some kind of justice. Will the courts make the insurance companies pay extra if the owners that are still awaiting money in order to finish their repairs from Katrina receive even more damage from Gustav? Somehow, I doubt it.

1 comment:

bfp said...

much much much love to you and your family and community right now, I've been thinking about you all day, ever since I heard the news about this. my thoughts and deep love are with you--please stay safe!!