Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Snickers: Hate Crimes Are Just So Ha-Ha Funny

Hat tip to Harrietsdaughter



You're kidding me! Please tell me I did not just see what the hell I thought I saw. This is outrageous! When I saw it I thought to myself, "Are you kidding me? Who would think that depicting hate crimes is a great way to make people want to buy your candy bar?", then I realized that, for a great number of people, the idea of "teaching people a lesson" when they don't conform to gender role expectations seems perfectly okay and maybe even just what they deserve. As if all that wasn't bad enough, the commercial also uses the stereotypical depiction of black men as ultra-violent victimizers of helpless white people too.

If you have a problem with this commercial, please consider giving the Mars Company a piece of your mind by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page on their website.

3 comments:

nixwilliams said...

that is fucking disgraceful.

Anonymous said...

That was Hilarious!!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol wtf XD...so wrong