Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Melting Pot

While blog-hopping tonight, I came across this post by a knitting enthusiast who's sweetheart took her to the same restaurant (chain) where The German and I had a special moment. I wrote this comment on her blog and I decided to post it here because it made me happy to look at it afterwards.

My boyfriend of several years told me about The Melting Pot and said he wanted to take me. We had a lovely time feeding each other les petits morceaux in the secluded corner of the restaurant. Afterwards, he took me for a moonlit walk down by the Mississippi River where we sat down to watch the water slowly move the giant ships down to the gulf. He got on one knee and asked me to marry him that night. We've been together for seven years now and I'll never forget that night.

No comments: