Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Ugly Truth About Hillary Clinton

This whole election has brought out some of the ugliest truths that I've ever seen exposed in politics during my lifetime. Clinton has no problem making use of the stereotypes that have historically benefited whites; the poor white woman being attacked by the big, black brute routine is more than tiresome. It's downright offensive.

In response to a question about how New Hampshire voters who liked her résumé but were hesitant about voting for her due to the likability factor she said, "Well that hurts my feelings" and batted her eyes for the camera. She can cry on camera and show her emotions--please excuse me if I'm skeptical about how spontaneous that little episode was or wasn't-- but then we see her surrogates turn around and complain about how she's not taken as seriously because she's a woman.

6 comments:

The Truffle said...

I have mixed feelings about La Hill. Personally, I think that if she's going to play the gender card, let her instead invoke female leaders like Golda Meir or Gro Harlem Brundtland (Norway's prime minister).

That said, I'm more offended by male pundits waxing misogynist on the subject of La Hill.

Rootietoot said...

I don't think *anything* she does is spontaneous. I cannot bring myself to trust her.

Salspua said...

Rootietoot - Your mistrust is well founded. I know second hand that she is involved with the criminal elite that runs our government and is well aware of mind controlled slaves and employs their services. Any eye-batting or tear-wielding is a play on the people. The whole thing is disgusting.

sal

Vanessa said...

Yes! The more she campaigns, the more I've grown to distrust her. Getting the CEO of BET to go, "He does drugs!!!" knowing full well what the spectre of a cocaine-fueled black man means, and then say "Oops, sorry, didn't mean it." was pretty odious and representative.

BLESSD1 said...

I once believed that she might be a good president, and was willing to listen to her platform before deciding with whom to side between her, John Edwards, or Sen. Obama. However, she snuffed any hope I had for her with the wicked and malicious way that she and her husband have been running their campaign. I SOOOOO agree with rootietoot and sal.

Kevin Andre Elliott said...

Y'know, at first I was sympathetic to Clinton (as a person, not a politician, mind you) because I found the sexist attacks on her disgusting, even if I am still sceptical enough to think it was a ploy.

But the more I think about it, the more angry I get over the entire thing. I mean, how cynical is it to deliberately pull a stunt like that, knowing that even those of us that don't support her politically are going to cry foul and that that, ultimately, will work in her favor? I feel used.

And then she trots out Bob Johnson, of all people, to show that black people like her? Bob Johnson? A man who made a fortune off of degrading black women?

It all makes my head want to explode.