Saturday, December 01, 2007

More Funny Cancer Cartoons (Again)

Very ill cancer patients envying healthy-looking cancer patient

I found a new cancer blog today: Mom's Cancer Blog.

*neener neener nah nahh to you Miss Crip Chick and all you other non-cancer PWD*

It's written by a cartoonist (Brian Fies) whose mother developed lung cancer. Since it's about cancer, it's amazing already but Fies adds an extra layer of humor with his art. The cartoon above was found on his blog but it was actually created by another cartoonist with cancer, Miriam Engelberg.

When I saw that it mentioned bone cancer, I almost bowled over. IT'S THE FIRST ONE I'VE EVER SEEN. It reminds me of the last time I was in the hospital infusion room getting pumped full of IV fluid. There was a woman there getting her monthly dose of Boniva. She was happily chatting away about how she had to schedule this appointment early in the day because her partner and her were going on vacation that afternoon.

Is it wrong that I just wanted to take the tube out of my arm and wrap it around her happy little neck?

2 comments:

Zan said...

No. No, it's not wrong at all. I often have such thoughts about all these healthy people who go on and on and on about how tired they are and how this cold is just killing them and blahblahblah....everytime some chippy little hyperactive peep tells me they understand how it is to be tired all the time because oh my! they only got 7 and a half hours of sleep last night and didn't get their coffee this morning I just wanna throw them out the window. Grr. Arg. Try having bones that feel like they're led and muscles made of concrete, then tell me how tired you are. Gah!

Hillary St. Pierre said...

It might have been wrong if you didn't think about it