Saturday, December 08, 2007

Getting Active

This week I really pushed myself. On Wednesday morning I went down to the courthouse with The German. We're in the mediation process with his case against his employer's worker's compensation agency (from his head injury two years ago). That took almost three hours. I was nervous before we left that, after I filled my medicine case, I forgot to put it in my purse, so I was in real pain mid-way into the session. I was about to call my cousin to come and pick me up but I changed my mind. After waiting for this date for over a year, there was no way I was going to miss it. Unfortunately, not much was resolved.

Thursday I volunteered at VanGoghGirl's school. The librarian was looking for parents to come and help out during the book fair. I had a great time. My daughter had all of her friends stop by to meet me and we had some very nice conversations. I just love all of her friends. They're great kids. They're all really hip, little emo girls with the black nail polish on their fingers and safety pins on their clothes. And the brains on these girls would blow your mind! I felt as if I was talking to people my own age.

I slept all of Friday. I woke up for an hour and combed VanGoghGirl's hair for school and I spent two more hours at her library book fair before coming home and sleeping until 10p.m. I got up and had dinner and then went right back to sleep. I haven't slept that well in months.

Today we went to my mother-in-law's house and then the four of us went to a Christmas parade. The parade sorta sucked but we had a good time anyway. We had turkey and cheese po-boys (french bread sandwiches) and cokes as the floats went by. VanGoghGirl got some good throws. Overall, it was a nice day but my legs are killing me now and I had to come home and take a bunch of pain medication but I'm really proud of how much I pushed myself even though I'm flaring up. I'll probably be sore all of next week but it was great seeing how happy VanGoghGirl was to have me up and about with her for a change.

5 comments:

deviousdiva said...

That's great Bint.
I am continually amazed by your energy and positive living. You are such an inspiration. Have a well deserved rest and take care of yourself. Hugs to you all

ms.cripchick said...

VanGoghGirl got some good throws? does that mean you guys throw things at floats??? :)

DaisyDeadhead said...

Yes, don't overstress. But we all do, this time of year!

(((hugs)))

Rootietoot said...

Hooray for doing stuff! I admire you for pushing yourself out there. Here's to hoping your flare-up is short-lived.

kactus said...

bint, it's good to see you getting up and about. I hear you about paying for it later, though :)

Still, it really is worth it, as long as you can get to your pain meds and get your rest after.