Monday, December 17, 2007

Congress Makes Baby Jesus Cry

Lisa (and Michelle) point out some information that has left me feeling embarrassed, once again. Someone forgot to tell the rest of us but apparently all is right with the world and Congress has resolved every single burning issue facing Americans today. We know this to be true because, instead of sitting on their asses and twiddling their thumbs, our hard-at-work public officials have been busy passing H. Res. 847. Also known as "Recognizing the importance of Christmas and the Christian faith". Yes folks, that's actually the name of a Congressional resolution.

Oh sweet Jesu, has it really come to this?

4 comments:

triumphantmulatta said...

triumphant mulatta = hematopoetic.livejournal.com

the format is much easier for me to post

life has been incredibly busy with family and financial obligations and since internet postings typically take a couple of hours for me to write, I just haven't had much of merit to say.

i hope to leave more comments on your journal in the future.

<3

Salspua said...

First, I have to tell you how thrilled I am to see another person mention Baby Jesus like that. I thought I was the only one. :)

It's part of the conspiracy. Yeah, I know I say that all the time, pretty much, but it's true. I'll write on the conspiracy soon. Once you start to see it, it appears everywhere.

What I've learned is that things are much more straightforward than we are told. The effect you see reflects the intent. Congress intends to distract the public with the zeitgeist produced by mainstream christianity so that they can move their agenda forward to take away more of our rights. It's not incompetency, It's not cluelessness. It's evil. If the intent were to feed the hungry and provide excellent education, that's the effects we would see.

queen emily said...

Oh dear, really tackling the big issues eh.

H. Res. 847: also known as "Christianity, it's awesome and you suck if you disagree"

Lisa Harney said...

Christianity is under siege and must be protected from the howling pagan hordes.

The resolution is also unconstitutional, as it respects the establishment of a religion. Bastards.