Thursday, November 01, 2007

No Rest For The Weary

You know, I'm beginning to really get depressed about my insomnia. I've gotten to the point where I can't even sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. I keep trying to rough it out and stay awake so that I might be able to sleep through the night but this Lortab makes it impossible. It doesn't help any that it's approaching wintertime which means my back pain feels like it hurts twice as much as it does in the summertime. The first pharmaceutical company that manages to make a pain medication that is as effective as a narcotic without the sleep-inducing effects will make trillions!

2 comments:

Lisa Harney said...

I think I read a post on Screw Bronze about a pain management drug they have in Europe that effectively replaces multiple other drugs, but I didn't get the name. I also don't recall seeing the name, and it's not approved in the US because it would make multiple medications irrelevant.

As for insomnia...many sympathies. :(

The Goldfish said...

One thing I find helpful, especially when my sleep has been disrupted by medication, is to accept that I'm going to have a sleep in the day and need less sleep at night, then attempt to schedule my day around that. Takes the pressure off; it's may be rather artificial, although it's terribly convenient, to have all your sleep in one block at night. It might be an idea to let nature take it's course to at least some extent.

It is grim though, especially when pain is a factor in insomnia. Hope this improves for you soon.