Friday, October 19, 2007

The Weight Saga Continues

I've been feeling pretty lousy lately. I'm not sleeping well and I'm having a lupus flare-up which only adds to the daily fatigue. I've been eating like a hog lately and hoping that it might help my weight issues. However, I got on the scale yesterday and it shows that I've lost three more pounds. It wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for the fact that I just ended my period so, at least part of that weight is just a result of my usual "water weight gain". I try to refrain from weighing myself at other times of the month because I just don't want to freak out and I just might if I looked at the scale and saw what I weighed during those months where my stomach has been bothering me a lot.

4 comments:

Lisa Harney said...

I feel a little bit of your pain - I've got NASH and I'm overweight, so I have to lose weight, but slowly (1-2 pounds a week). If I go too fast, I risk sending my liver into cirrhosis.

I'm nearly always afraid to check my weight, especially over the past few weeks when my appetite was low. I'm afraid I'll lose three pounds and it'll leave skidmarks all over my insides.

Another Conflict Theorist said...

Hi Tulip.

I'm sorry to read about the recent weight loss. You might want to think about throwing that scale out of a twelve story window.

I'm just saying...

DaisyDeadhead said...

Don't forget to try the whey protein! I have customers who swear by it!

(((prayers, plenty goodvibes and novenas for Bint)))

Kilimanjaro: High and Lo said...

hugs...thinking of you at this very moment 1:01 am EST