Saturday, October 13, 2007

If The Kids Can Understand It Why Can't The President

VanGoghGirl constantly amazes me. I visited her blog today and found this. I'm proud of how she's growing up to be such an empathetic individual. There are children dying, children just like her who have dreams they'd like to fulfill and talents they'd like to share with the world. Their lives are just as valuable as hers and they don't deserve to be caught up in these conflicts.

I'm not a member of any political party but she identifies as a Democrat. She has said that she'd vote for Obama if she were old enough. My hope is that she'll have less baggage than I've been saddled with, thanks to my religious upbringing. I want her to believe that she has the power to make the world a better place.

No comments: