Monday, August 27, 2007

MRI Morning

I had an MRI today. I've had so many of them at this point, I could practically set it up and perform it on myself. Fortunately, I had stayed up 'til the wee hours of this morning, so I was able to go to sleep inside of the machine. It can be hard to sleep in there if you're not accustomed to it.

There are these loud banging and clanking noises coming from all around you at any given time. The center gives you plugs to put in your ears to block out some of the noise but all they can do is dull it down a bit. And the earplugs hurt! My ears are sore from having this big wad of yellow foam expanded in my ears for an hour and a half.

I didn't get to check out the scans today but I'm looking forward to my doctor's visit so that I can see what interesting patterns and shapes this cancer has been making in my chest lately.

No comments: