Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Thirteen Edition Five: 13 Boys & Girls I'm Totally In Lust With



Thirteen Boys & Girls I'm Totally In Lust With

1. Schleprock (Travis McCoy) from Gym Class Heroes
I totally fell in love with him I heard the song "Faces In The Hall". I love it when het black guys show that they aren't homophobic. The fact that he's kissing William Beckett in this linked photo just shows that he also has good taste in guys too.




2. Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy
I can not tell you how many times I have googled this boy's pictures. He is the coolest emo kid in the scene, hands down. He's also known to kiss on boys every now and then. Can it get any hotter than that? I don't think so. Recently, they stirred up the right-wingers because of a comment Pete made at one of their concerts: "You can leave this show and say I think this guy is an arrogant jerk. Or think this band is better than this one -- because these are your opinions -- I understand that. The only thing we consider unacceptable is for you to engage in sexist, racist or homophobic behavior. If you do and want to continue to we don't want you as a fan -- return our merch and leave." Now some angry mom is harassing them for turning their concert into a "liberal homosexual rally" by giving his "personal political rally". F.O.B. says they stand by their statement.





3. Corinne Bailey Rae
This woman is exquisitely beautiful to me. Her songs are sweet and nostalgic. I couldn't imagine God making a more gorgeous woman than her. I hope I can see her in concert one day. I have this photo set as the background on my desktop.




4. Joshua Redman
Claim your five pounds if you know who this guy is without having to look him up. This Black Jewish saxophonist is also graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University and was accepted to Yale Law School. Instead, Josh wound up pursuing a career as a jazz musician after winning a prestigious jazz competition in the year before he was to begin at Yale. If you ever decide to buy any of his music, make sure you get the cd with the song "Last Rites of Rock 'N' Roll" on it. It sounds like a mixture of Ravi Shankar and John Coltrane. This multi-talented man really rocks my socks. I love jazz musicians! He's the hottest (most talented) jazz player since Wynton Marsalis.




5. Lenny Kravitz
When I heard he was moving to New Orleans, I could have just died on the spot. My youngest brother recorded some music with him about three years ago. I have a couple of, uh, interesting stories to tell about Kravitz but I can't put them on here because VanGoghGirl might one day read this and I sure don't want her knowing about it. I fell in love with Lenny when the "5" album came out. I was dating this chocolate-toned guy with the thickest head of dread locks that I had ever seen. We were addicted to that "5" CD. I was a virgin and he wasn't but he was cool with my decision to stay that way. Nevertheless, he still managed to be an excellent lover for as long as our tumultuous, on and off again relationship lasted. Every time I listen to Kravitz, I am reminded of him.





6. Patricia Velasquez
I first saw her play Ank Su Namun in the movie "The Mummy". She has the most amazing pixie eyes. I've watched that movie five or six times just to see her in it. I hope she stars in more movies in the future.




7. Thandie Newton
Okay, I have a thing for graceful necks. Her face is simply cherubic. It certainly doesn't hurt that she's got that cute little British accent.




8. The Artist Still Known As Prince
Face it. This guy is still the sexiest human being on the face of the planet. This man could talk me into doing anything as long as he played his guitar when he asked me.
(Update: Black Amazon just sent me this link to Prince giving an acoustic performance of "Cream" on MTV. Trust me, you want to hear this!)




9. Djimon Hounsou
This man looks like the good lord dipped him in milk chocolate and sent him down to earth just for me. His smile makes me absolutely melt.




10. Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock
I love this photo of him with the tattoos showing. I know it's old but that signature look he does by raising one of his eyebrows is still ├╝ber-sexy to me!




11. Omahyra Mota Garcia
She's a model from the Dominican Republic that she grew up in the U.S. She is usually dressed very androgynously and she works this look better than any other up and coming model currently on the scene. She also starred in Jay-Z's "Change Clothes" video.



12. Anthony Kiedis
This is the man who sang "Under The Bridge" while I was in my "experimental" phase in high school. I once got to see him play at Lollapullooza when it came to New Orleans one summer.




13. Naveen Andrews
Some people didn't know about him until he starred in "Lost" but I remember him from as far back as the movie "Kama Sutra" (which every person with a pulse should make it their duty to see at some point in their life). Is there any man on television today with glossier hair than Naveen?


-Lagniappe-

Pharrell Williams



Billy Joe Armstrong



Johnny Depp


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


6 comments:

Donna Darko said...

This is gorgeous to look at.

I'm saving this. That is all.

deviousdiva said...

OH MY GOODNESS. The most gorgeous beautiful post ever!

I have a "little British accent" too?

Love ya, Bint. Keep on lusting

Blackamazon said...

I oftenf orget how beautiful kiedis cna be

Nicholas said...

I totally agree with you re 3 and 7

Great TT

Jeannine said...

Fun List.
Happy late TT!

Ktrion said...

Naveen Andrews
vrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm
most beautiful!
L* and I sometimes wonder "what's up with them having the most beautiful man ever play an Iraqi torturer?"

On Lost he so often has what we call that "jesus" look: that he looks holy, like an icon. (Kofi Annon looks like that sometimes)

It's kinda cool to see this picture of him that looks like it's from a cocktail party!

Don't know if I got to know you better from this Thursday 13, but it sure made me happy!