Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Saga Continues

Over the weekend, a doctor at the local walk-in clinic prescribed a Medrol dosepak and some Vistaril to help with the itching and nausea. I stopped taking the Vistaril after Saturday night because it was making me delirious. Yesterday I woke up nauseous and vomiting. The German was able to get my rheumatologist to fit me in today. They had to push a bag of IV fluids into my arm because I was so dehydrated. They took five vials of blood and a chest x-ray. My rheumatologist works in the same office as my regular doctor (general practicioner) so I had to go and see her too. I was in the hospital from that morning until yesterday evening. The results:

They are going to look at what the tests show and then hold a consultation to decide on how to proceed next. Meanwhile, they prescribed some Phenergan to help with the vomiting. The doctor had written for me to get the suppositories but it might not have been clear because the pharmacist filled the prescription with the oral version instead.

They are very worried about the sudden weight loss I've experienced. I am worried about it too. Hopefully I'll feel better soon.

5 comments:

Donna Darko said...

Get well soon, Bint.

Fire Fly said...

Hope you feel better soon, Bint.

belledame222 said...

hope you feel better soon too, Bint...

arrogantworm said...

Take care and good luck

Blue / Kay Olson said...

Bint, I'm thinking of you.