Saturday, May 12, 2007

"...And A Mere Child Shall Lead Them"

I don't know if all parents experience this but sometimes I go through periods when I really don't think my daughter pays attention to a word I say to her and then something happens and I realize that children are listening to what we say even when we're not talking directly to them at all and, if we are lucky, we may even get the chance to see them do things we might not even know they are capable of.

I spent all but a couple of hours in bed yesterday. While I was in bed, The German came and told me that I really needed to see what VanGoghGirl had just showed him. He said that she had written something on her blog that he thought I'd like a whole lot. It was a while before I was able to get up but when I did, I just had to shake my head and wonder why God saw fit to give me such a great kid.

Here is VanGoghGirl's take on what Native Americans, from yesterday through today have experienced and what she thinks about the current immigration issues:

Native Americans And Their Suffering

And while you're at it, check out another example of kids speaking out about in defense of human rights and dignity for all.

Courtesy of Nezua:

Kindergarten Class Pwns The MinuteMensos

Man, kids today are really amazing! I just feel bad that even the little children are talking about this stuff while so many of us--especially me--haven't "found the time" to speak out. What will these little ones think of us if they watch us witness all this injustice but never do or say anything about it?

4 comments:

Rainbow Girl said...

Hey Bint!

I couldn't find your email so I'll just leave a comment. You are so lucky to have a wonderful daughter like VanGoghGirl. I'm a big fan of childhood activism myself (used to be a member of Free The Children as a teen) and if it's ok with you I'd like to keep reading VGG's blog. I left a comment on the Native American post but didn't leave a link because my blog has a lot of swear words. Let me know if that is ok or if you have any questions-I'm sure that having a kid on the internet is great but you also want to know who is reading their blog. My email is team.rainbowgirl at gmail dot com.

Best of luck!
Kerrie AKA Rainbow Girl.

belledame222 said...

Happy Mother's Day!

nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez said...

there's a lot of power in our kids!

Jill said...

Hey Bint,

I'm trying to get ahold of you about something, but I can't find your email address anywhere. Would you mind dropping me an email when you have a minute? jill.filipovic@gmail.com

Thanks!