Saturday, April 07, 2007

No More Yellowface Either, Please!

Jenn over at Reappropriate writes about racist Asian stereotypes in the media in her post "More Yellowface". In it, she mentions the latest Yellowbook commercial that features David Carradine reprising his classic fake Asian portrayal.

I hate Carradine from the very bottom of my heart. This man has made his entire career out of performing a racist stereotype. You know, when I saw that Yellowbook commercial, the first thing I thought was that I wish that Shinichi Chiba (playing the role of the Samurai Yagyu Jubei) could come flying out of the air and force Carradine to commit seppuku as atonement.

1 comment:

belledame222 said...

heh. yeah, seppuku is really under-utilized by the yellowface performers; someone should tell 'em it'd be -really funny-.

or a nice plate of fugu liver...