Friday, April 06, 2007

Disney Changes Its Gay Marriage Position

The German just pointed out to me that Disney has just announced a change in its stance regarding gay marriage ceremonies on their property. Now they will allow gay couples to blow almost ten grand to have an imitation fairy-tale wedding, too! All jokes aside, I think that this is a very good thing and I'm glad to see they've made it. It's a sensible business decision as well.

Disney gives gay couples the "Fairy Tale Wedding" option

4 comments:

brownfemipower said...

you know, I haven't wanted to say anything bint, because I wasn't sure i was missing somebody, so I've been spending a lot of time surfing around--and I've noticed that--where in the hell are all the disabled women of color bloggers?

Are they not blogging, you think? Are they blogging and I'm just missing it?

Bint Alshamsa said...

I think that there simply aren't a lot of us blogging. I also haven't come across many of them and I actively look all the time. It would be interesting to hear other people's ideas about why this absence exists.

triumphantmulatta said...

WheelchairDancer is a woman of color. I am somewhat new to the blog world and for a long time she was the only one I could find.

Bint Alshamsa said...

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that. I'm going to have to add her to my aggregator so that I can keep up with her blog now.

(((big hugs)))