Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Death Threats Against Kathy Sierra

Updates On The Kathy Sierra Situation

You know, this story really sent a chill up my spine. I write about my life a lot and even though I try not to write too much identifying information, I'm sure that a determined person could probably find out more than I'd care for strangers to know. Still, that doesn't mean that it's okay for someone to do it.

Sierra does not deserve to go through this. No one does. As a mother, I am really concerned when I hear about women having to withdraw from the public due to harassment like this. We need more women in IT. We need our daughters to be able to see that this is not just a field for men. Sierra proves that. However, no one can expect someone to just keep dealing with the sort of threats that she has faced.

No comments: