Most of my friends already know this but I do NOT want a funeral. I think that the whole idea of putting my corpse on display wearing screwed up make-up and a dowdy dress just a wee bit more humiliating than I'd like to envision. Instead, I'd prefer for my friends and fam to have me cremated and throw a send-off party for me instead. Heck, if I could, I'd have the party before I die but my mother has already forbid me from carrying out my bright idea about having a pre-death send-off party for myself. What a killjoy that woman is sometimes! Anyway, The German has promised that he'll honor my wishes, so I've basically planned out the whole thing. If people can pre-plan their own funeral, I see no reason why I can't pre-plan my after-death party.
Anyway, there are a few songs that I think best describe my life and a few other ones that different people in my life have said made them think about me when they heard it. This Thursday Thirteen is the list of songs that I want The German to be sure to have on the playlist at my un-funeral party. If anyone who reads this blog has any other songs that reminds them of me in some way, please suggest it. I'm actually VERY interested in hearing which songs other people would like to have played if they had their own un-funeral party.
1. "Time of Your Life" by Green Day
2. "She Talks To Angels" by Black Crows
3. "Amy's Song" by Switchfoot
4. "Last Rites of Rock 'n' Roll" by Josh Redman
5. "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay
6. "White Flag" by Dido
7. "99 Luftballoons" by Nena (the German version)
8. "Sea Lion Woman" aka "See Lyin' Woman" by Nina Simone
9. "I'll Fly Away" by Jars of Clay
10. "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses
11. "In This World" by Moby
12. "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" by R.E.M.
13. "You Got Me" by The Roots ft. Erykah Badu
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants