Friday, December 29, 2006

IT'S MY 30th BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I usually don't celebrate my birthday and instead I do something to commemorate The Massacre at Wounded Knee because it's a very significant but overlooked incident in American history. However, I've decided to let "the cause" wait for a few days and enjoy today and tomorrow myself.

I am officially THIRTY YEARS OLD. Today is my birthday and tomorrow marks FOUR YEARS since I was diagnosed with chondrosarcoma.

But today cancer can kiss my pretty caramel-colored ass because I am ALIVE. Nobody thought I'd live this long, especially not me. Though I still have cancer and remission isn't really a possibility, I have made it this far and I plan on making it a hell of a lot further. So today I'd like to say FUCK YOU CANCER because

TODAY I'M ALIVE AND I'M THIRTY YEARS OLD!!!!!!!

A birthday kiss for all my folks.

Champagne for my real friends! Real pain for my sham friends!!

17 comments:

sly civilian said...

"I am ALIVE"

That is quite a cause for celebration. Oh, happy day to you, and many many more...

Elayne said...

Woo-hoo, happy birthday Bint!! And many, MANY more!!

Donna Darko said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHICA! and many more.

Happy New Year's too.

Wheelchair Dancer said...

happy happy happy birthday!

WCD

Wheelchair Dancer said...

happy happy happy birthday!

WCD

deviousdiva said...

A huge huggy Happy Birthday, you beautiful woman.

brownfemipower said...

you are beautiful. I mean, truely truely beautiful.

have a happy great day, and I send much love.

xo

Anonymous said...

happy belated, bint!
-elle

shannon said...

Happy!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Bint! And you do look supremely happy in those pictures, it put a smile on my face too!

Rypsynique said...

Happy Birthday!

Did you know that Capricorns, of all the signs in the zodiac, are most likely to be rich? Blessings onyah!

Ampersand said...

Happy birthday! (Or a few days after, anyhow!)

Professor Zero said...

Happy birthday!!!

belledame222 said...

Happy Birthday!! and a hearty Fuck Cancer to kick off the New Year. peace.

Thin Black Duke said...

I'm a tad bit late to this party, but fuck yeah! Happy Birthday, Bint!

Natalie said...

happy birthday and more to come. I think you're right to get on the soapbox a little late. sometimes we need to celebrate ourselves.

Kilimanjaro: High and Lo said...

happy birthday...born in 1976, year of the dragon. don't you love 30 :D