1. Because the Pilgrims, those idealized representatives of America's past, were actually MURDERERS who turned around and slaughtered the Wampanoag Native Americans who fed them and taught them how to survive in the "New World".
2. Because the Pilgrims never had any intention of making this "New World" a place of religious freedom. They simply wanted to be the shotcallers of their own area, where they could be the ones dictating what beliefs were acceptable. They even referred to themselves as the "Chosen Elect".
3. Because the bastards brought smallpox to this country and purposely infected the Native Americans with it by giving them "gifts" of blankets that had been rubbed against the skin of those with the disease--the first use of biological weapons in this "New World".
4. Because Thanksgiving is a perversion of a Native American religious ceremony in which this was simply one of several days that they observed throughout the year giving thanks to the Creator.
5. Because Columbus was a racist killer who literally used Native Americans as food for his dogs and captured Native American women and turned them over to his men to
6. Because Adolph Hitler was inspired to create concentration camps after reading about how effective these were in bringing about the American genocide of Native Americans.
7. Because the American government has broken over 350 treaties signed with the Native Americans.
8. Because that racist bastard "Teddy" Roosevelt's face is still carved on the side of a mountain that is sacred to the people that he advocated killing.
9. Because the pseudo-religious propaganda of Manifest Destiny was a bastardization of the true message preached by the Christian messiah Jesus of Nazareth.
10. Because the invasion and theft of Native American land emboldened Europeans to go on to invade and steal innumerable citizens of African nations resulting in the deaths of over THIRTY MILLION deaths during the Maafa.
11. Because, under the laughable guise of showing respect, Wasi'chu make millions of dollars every year from openly selling merchandise featuring racial slurs like "Redskins" and using racist stereotypical depictions of Native Americans.
12. Because the only time Native Americans get mentioned in most schools is when it's in the context of them playing some subservient or inferior role in comparison to European
13. Because on December 29th 1976 I was born into this world as a Native American woman and on that same date in 1890, less than a hundred years before, 350 unarmed Native American men, women and children were ruthlessly slaughtered by drunken United States soldiers who were later issued medals of honor for their deed.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants