Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Boil The Water and Break Out The Confetti

I haven't been posting much in the past couple of weeks because it's been awfully hectic around here and it still is. Up until two weeks ago, we had five babies on the way in our family. My brother's wife gave birth to their second daughter and now there are four more babies left with three of them due to come within the next five weeks. I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off just trying to get everything together.

Two weeks ago, I went to the baby shower for one of my cousins. It's her first baby and it's going to be a girl. Seeing her reminds me of when I was a child. I remember when her mother was pregnant. While she has never looked like her mother to me, now that she's pregnant, that's changed. She is carrying her baby just as her mother did. You know how some women just get a little pot-bellied with all of the weight gain showing on their abdomen while their legs and arms stay spindly. Then there are those women who look like their entire body is pregnant; Their arms and legs become really full and fluffy-looking. The latter is the case with my cousin. Her mother was exactly the same way with all of her pregnancies. My mother has a photo of my aunt that looks exactly like my cousin right now. I'm trying to get my hands on it so that I can post a pictures of them on The Way We Were (my photo blog).

Last weekend I was the hostess for another one of my cousin's babyshowers. She didn't have a baby shower with her first child because PetitSouris was so premature. I was really nervous about hosting it because I was worried that it might not be as nice as she'd have hoped for. The German made shrimp roban and I bought the cake from a really great bakery out here. VanGoghGirl helped me organize the games and decide which ones to use. Anyways, it turned out rather well, I think. PetitSouris' mother called me a couple of days afterwards to tell me how much she enjoyed it.

I am still recovering from all of this exertion. I plan to write more later, maybe this evening.

1 comment:

Blackamazon said...

Congratulations ofn the new branches of the family