Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Changing Templates

It worked!! Belledame222 had pointed out to me that my page was loading extremely slow and I had noticed something screwy going on with the template that I was using so I wanted to fix things. I know this might be irrational but I was really afraid that changing the template might erase my entire blog. Yesterday I tested they system by changing the template for my photo blog. It worked so I felt a little more comfortable about changing this one but I still waited until today. Well, I'm happy to say that I and my crazy posts are still here!

I have to go in and add a few things to my profile column but hopefully I won't mess up the code too much like I wound up doing to the other one. Nothing beats a failure but a try!

7 comments:

Professor Zero said...

Did it erase any part of it, like the links? The time I changed my Blogger template, it erased the links (but only the links).

Bint Alshamsa said...

Yep. It sure did. Fortunately, I backed up the code in Notepad before I changed the template so now I just have to go in and replace the links. The part that I'm having difficulty with is adding some of the other features I had underneath my profile like my technorati link and my counter. I may have to switch back to the old template if I can't figure this out. I'm still working on it though.

Brony said...

I lost my whole site a few days ago. So frustrating. Thanks so much for the hugs on my 100th post.

brownfemipower said...

bint, the new site is beautiful!!! I love it! and super duper congratulations on moving to the next step of computer geekdom!!!
:-)

belledame222 said...

w00t! Right on. Looks good!

Steven said...

:) Go crazy with the template! There is nothing to lose because your blogposts are protected in a database and you can always revert back to what you have now (notepad method). If you need a hand with the templates I can help out; alternatively here is a good resource on how to code.

Bint Alshamsa said...

Thank you so much for the offer, Steven. I may impose on you in the future regarding coding. I actually used that site in the past to help me do a few things. It's definitely one of the best I've seen. It seems like this template is working but goodness only knows I love tampering with things so who knows how long I'll leave it this way now that I've managed to change it once. :o)