Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Flaring-Up

Well, it seems that with all that's going on around here, I've stressed my way into a nice Lupus flare-up. I used to go years without any episodes but lately it's been giving me more problems than usual. I'm really scared that this one will get as bad as the one I had two winters ago. I stayed sick for almost two months and spent most of it in excruciating agony. I've been trying to stay away from the news and anything else that will get me riled up. However, this has been nearly impossible given the fact that we are just a few days away from the first anniversary of Hurricane Katrina/Rita. I'm still trying to decide how many of the memorial events I will attend this week. The city has all sorts of activities planned. You can check them out here:

http://www.nola.com/katrina/?/katrina/content/anniversary.html

2 comments:

deviousdiva said...

Very sorry to hear this, Bint. I hope this latest flare-up will pass quickly. Take care of yourself, girl and do whatever you can to avoid stress. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

NursePam said...

Take care of yourself young one.