Friday, July 28, 2006

Mrs. Bugglesworth Is Sick!!

I've been going back and forth to Texas over the past few weeks. During one of these trips, I got to visit Pete Harris Cafe which is one of my favorite spots in Shreveport, LA. I used to go there with my father when I was young but I hadn't been there in almost fifteen years. I ordered the stuffed shrimp and it was magnificent! I am definitely going to make my way back to there on my next trip through Shreveport.

Anyway, like I said in the title, Mrs. Bugglesworth is under the weather. She has to have her water pump, thermostat, timing belt and tensioner replaced. Thankfully, it's only going to cost us around a thousand dollars to fix. If the timing belt had actually gone bust, as it was on the verge of doing, the repairs would have cost me around four grand instead. Fortunately, there is a Volkswagen Bug enthusiasts' club here in Texas and they've been helping us get the work done. In fact, one of the guys from the club is actually doing the work which is great because the first shop we took it to wanted $2,600 for the parts and labor and they didn't even specialize in Bug work. After this, I'm going to have to do something special to commemorate having her back.

No comments: