Friday, March 10, 2006

Out of Order

I have so much to write about but haven't been able to do so for a few days. My left arm is a bit out of commission right now. I'm always trying to test my physical limitations and it seems that I over-worked my left side and I'm paying for it now. The choice is either take all the meds that I'd need in order to avoid the pain right now or be alert enough to make much sense. As you can probably tell, I've been choosing the medication most of the time lately. I'm hoping that today I'll be able to function with less drugs since I've given this side a while to rest. Somewhere during this week, I lost an entire day. Blech!! I hate having "medicine-head". I just slept for over half the day and now I'm probably going to be all jet-lagged again. I'm beginning to think that I'm just naturally nocturnal. Oh well. I'm going back to sleep now.

4 comments:

Jane said...

I am familiar with medicine head too. I have every evening and hate how dopey and incoherent I become. After I've taken my meds all I'm really good for is vegging in front of the tv and sleeping. Here's hoping you're feeling better soon.

Steven Tucker said...

You know, I find myself speechless when confronted with experiences that I've never had and cannot understand. It is wierd to have no advice or thoughts; only feelings of compassion and hope that you feel better.

So, damnit, I hope you feel better. (not even two cents... but a penny here and a penny there... as they say).

G Bitch said...

Take care of yourself. It is hard to have your intellect cheated by what you need for relief. Been there. We wait patiently.....

Alli said...

Medicine head is definitely a weird place to be. I have been there done that .Someone sent me the song "This too shall pass" by Yolanda Adams.. Now I'm not the most religious person so I was a little surprised when it arrived..I heard and listend to the words that made me weep..
Take care of yourself and be peaceful..Alli.....