Saturday, January 28, 2006

Yep. It's a cult.

I'm dealing with a bit of insomnia tonight, so I decided to surf around a bit. I came across an article that really made me think twice about the Religious Results post I wrote a few days ago. You know, I realize that my mother probably could have stood to get a little counseling when she was raising us but never did I have to worry about her sending us to church to get the devil beat out of us. Anytime your church members think that it's okay for the preacher to hog-tie a six year old child--after throwing him out of the window and holding him under water, I might add--you shouldn't need a judge to tell you it's time to keep your kids away from these folks.

I just thank God for the small miracles though. Of all the poor little kids who don't even know where their fathers are, these Butts are really lucky to have a dad that not only claims them but actually wants custody. Even though what these children experienced is really tragic, I must say that it was really refreshing to see a black man appearing in a courtroom where he is the good guy and doesn't stand to go to jail at the end of the proceedings.

1 comment:

BlueRaptor7 said...

Wow.. I do not want to even think of how much torment those children have/are going through. It really sickens me that some people will do anything to gain power, in any form.

I would like to thank you, though, for commenting on my blog yesterday (was it yesterday?). It comforts me to know that I am not just posting into empty cyber-space, and there are other people I can talk to who actually have a background knowledge of what is happening; thanks. =)