Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Bare Essentials

Noor Mahal and VanGoghGirl's American Girl Doll

Where should I begin? I live with my two cats (Layla and Noor Mahal), my daughter ("VanGoghGirl") and my sweetheart ("The German") in a comfortable flat right on the edge of a nice city in the southern part of the state of Louisiana. It's a nice place to be from. You always have great stories to tell others when you visit other states.

I suppose I should also add that I happen to have a rather rare and incurable bone cancer called Chondrosarcoma in my chest. But that's not really all that significant, now is it? I didn't choose to have cancer; It chose me. So, I'm not about to be a poseur here and pretend that I am some brave or courageous person based on what I have been forced to deal with. I'm just dealing with the cards I've been dealt because I'm not ready to die just yet.

No comments: